Sunday morning paddle. Plan A is:
- Austinmer to the Sea Cliff Bridge (15km return),
- Extra challenge Bulga Point (20km return).
No off water stops so paddlers will need to be comfortable accessing their own drinking water and snacks without needing to raft up. If you think you may need to raft please use a tube head band as a quick mask.
Registrants will be updated about the expected forecast closer to the event to assist in evaluation of trip suitability. If you have any questions contact Megan listed in the trip registrants list.
This is a great section of open coastline with views of the Illawarra cliffs and escarpment.
Be ready to be on the water by 8:30am (arrive earlier). Expect to finish by 1pm.
You will need snacks and drinking water accessible when paddling. Sea kayak kit and safety gear to a minimum of grade 2 standards.
Contact Megan Pryke if you have any questions.
STANDARD COVID GUIDELINES – NSW SEA KAYAK CLUB, as at 31 August 2020
Before the Club Trip
- Are you feeling fit and well? Just don’t come if you have ANY of the symptoms, or have had close contact with someone else that does
- Don’t share cars with others unless you are in the same household
- Be prepared and self-contained – no sharing of sunscreen, hand-pump, etc. Do you have something like a neck buff to use as a mask on the water if required? Do you have your own hand sanitiser?
- Greet fellow paddlers from a distance
- Good time to use that sanitiser after helping others unload and move kayaks to the beach
During the Club Trip
- Observe social distancing – especially whilst waiting to launch and during briefings and breaks
- How good is your self-rescue? If ever there was a time to practise your rolling or other forms of self-rescue now is it
- If you are required to be part of an assisted rescue think it through and try to maintain the 1.5m distancing as best you can. Also consider PPE that can be used at the time – neck buff as a mask, and sunglasses. Sanitiser available for when the rescue is complete
- No spitting or nose clearing on or off the water
- Don’t share food or drink
After the Club Trip
- Be prepared and self-contained – washing stools, buckets, towels etc
- Remember the social distancing – including when washing kayaks
- Good time to use that hand sanitiser after assisting others with kayak carries and car loading