Rock n Roll 2014 – Friday 7th through to Monday 10th March
Batemans Bay Beach Resort, Batemans Bay
Registration is now closed and we are only a few days away from kicking off RnR in your favourite Hawaiian shirt at the Beer & Pizza on Friday night.
Thanks for all those who have volunteered already but still have a few jobs we need help with;
1) Transport from Syd Airport to Batemans Bay on Friday night for our 2 guest speakers - Flight lands 6.40pm. No kayak gear just 2 bags of luggage.
2) Beachmaster - only on Sun am. No special training required.
3) Kayak Carrying Transport - If you can take an extra boat down.
4) RnR 2014 Video Producer - 5 minutes highlighting key events from weekend.
Other important information to ensure you get the most from RnR.
1) Registration Desk – Only avail at Fri 1700 to 1930 or Sat 0700 to 0830
2) Tea\Coffee Station in Marquee – Help yourself and get connected.
3) Kayak Trolley – portage can be lengthy at low tide.
4) Raffle Sales – Support your club. Additonal sales at Sat night dinner.
6) RnR 2014 Video – For those taking footage, please consider making material available for a RnR video to be made.
7) Video Submission Guidelines – Due to the number of enquiries, budding directors should refer to the following guidelines;
a. Maximum of 2 video entries per registration
b. Videos to be no longer than 4 minutes each
c. Videos to be submitted no later than Friday evening to Selim on USB stick or CD.
d. Video material to have been sourced from kayaking events in the last 12 months
e. Vetting to occur beforehand so only the “Top Ten” will be submitted for the Kayak Pogie Awards.
f. Judging criteria to be based on 1) Audience Engagement(50%) and 2) Content Quality (50%)
The latest Trip, Training Register and Programme are attached.
2014 RNR Program
David Linco 2014-01-30 43.6 KB 371
2014 RnR Training Register
David Linco 2014-01-30 English 92.65 KB 288
2014 RnR Trip Register
David Linco 2014-01-30 English 84.21 KB 283
These documents & other notices will be updated each morning in the marquee so be sure to check each morning for any changes.
Thanks again for our sponsors who ensure the event is affodable for members;
GOLD SPONSOR - Expedition Kayaks If you paddle, you’re missing out if you don’t link up with EK at www.expeditionkayaks.com
BRONZE SPONSOR – Helinox Simply the world’s best outdoor adventure equipment at www.helinox.com.au
BRONZE SPONSOR – Davlin Wealth Management If you looking to improve your financial position go to www.davlin.bi
If you’ve never been to a Rock n Roll, make sure to come along this weekend as Batemans Bay offers a wide range of trips for all skill levels.
Most importantly “Get Connected” so you can have access to a paddling buddy or group in your local area for the rest of the year.
See you on the water.
The NSWSKC was established in 1989 by a group of enthusiastic paddlers to further the sport of Sea Kayaking in NSW.
The most important aspects of the Club are the organised trips, training sessions (day trips and weekend sessions are held with qualified leaders and instructors), social activities and the club magazine, Salt which is published 4 times per year.
Membership of the club puts you in touch with many other paddlers state-wide.
Events and club trips are advertised on our calendar. These trips include training and trips. In order to take part in club activities, you must be a member of the NSWSKC.
The membership year is from March to the end of February (to coincide with the annual event Rock'n'Roll).
Detailed membership costs are set out on the How to Join.
Should you require any additional information please contact a committee member.
The Club's aims and objectives are:
- to act, through the club's magazine, website and social activities, as a contact point for members' paddling related activities.
- to promote, organize and conduct sea kayaking training programs and paddling opportunities for all skill levels.
- to foster safe ocean kayaking and inspire members to explore our ocean environment.
- to encourage respect for our environment and wild places and the practise of minimum impact camping.
- to represent sea kayakers generally in consultations with government departments at all levels.
In a tough and hard fought competition with high quality entries selected for screening from six competitors, including a serious challenge from north of the border, Vincent Weafer blew the opposition away with this video. As the winner he received a 'Chair One' lightweight camping chair, donated by our bronze sponsor Helinox.