Rock n Roll 2014 – Friday 7th through to Monday 10th
Batemans Bay Beach Resort, Batemans Bay
Registration open in January.
Rock n Roll is a great opportunity to learn about the ever increasing scope of what ocean kayaking means. Be sure to come along, bring your family, friends, neighbour and introduce them to the great sport of ocean kayaking in a controlled and safe environment.
Our theme for 2014 is “Get Connected” and each activity or trip will have a component to meet other paddlers particularly those in your area. If you’ve never been to a Rock n Roll, make sure to come along and “Get Connected” so you have an opportunity to join a weekly paddle, paddle trip or a paddling buddy in your local area.
The NSWSKC was established in 1989 by a group of enthusiastic paddlers to further the sport of Sea Kayaking in NSW.
The most important aspects of the Club are the organised trips, training sessions (day trips and weekend sessions are held with qualified leaders and instructors), social activities and the club magazine, Salt which is published 4 times per year.
Membership of the club puts you in touch with many other paddlers state-wide.
Events and club trips are advertised on our calendar. These trips include training and trips. In order to take part in club activities, you must be a member of the NSWSKC.
The membership year is from March to the end of February (to coincide with the annual event Rock'n'Roll).
Detailed membership costs are set out on the How to Join.
Should you require any additional information please contact a committee member.
The Club's aims and objectives are:
- to act, through the club's magazine, website and social activities, as a contact point for members' paddling related activities.
- to promote, organize and conduct sea kayaking training programs and paddling opportunities for all skill levels.
- to foster safe ocean kayaking and inspire members to explore our ocean environment.
- to encourage respect for our environment and wild places and the practise of minimum impact camping.
- to represent sea kayakers generally in consultations with government departments at all levels.
In a tough and hard fought competition with high quality entries selected for screening from six competitors, including a serious challenge from north of the border, Vincent Weafer blew the opposition away with this video. As the winner he received a 'Chair One' lightweight camping chair, donated by our bronze sponsor Helinox.