Greetings all - just a few items of Club news and some pleas for assistance follow.
The AGM was held last weekend. Thanks to those who could make it. We heard a typically excellent presentation from Stu Trueman complaining about coastal camping options in the UK - and a few other observations from his most recent circumnavigation. Thanks also to Tony Murphy for joining the committee as Vice President and to those who renominated. The AGM minutes will be posted on the website shortly when complete.
We still have a Committee vacancy for the treasurer/secretary role. Please consider whether you could take on this important role and email or ring me if you would like to discuss what the role entails.
The next Rock n Roll will be at Jimmy's Beach Port Stephens March 11-14, 2016. Block this out in your diaries immediately.
We will need a new Rock n Roll coordinator after next years' event. If you might be interested in taking this on for 2017, please consider putting your hand up to assist Dave Linco for the 2016 event so you know what needs to be done the following year
The website upgrade remains in the 'incomplete' tray. The next job is to upgrade the backbone of our site to the current Joomla version. If the latter statement is not goobledegook to you and you have some experience with Joomla, please consider volunteering to assist. We also have the beginnings of a social networking platform on a development website courtesy of Tim Wolstonecroft. To develop this further we need a moderator who will manage the contents when we go live. If you would be interested in this role or in discussing what it might entail, please drop me an email
Experience tells me that few members read this far down the emails so I will save the rest for next time.
Regards and see you on the water
Your President for one more year (and no more), Campbell Tiley (president[at]nswseakayaker.asn.au)
- Long Reef to Clifton Gardens - 11th of July 2015
- Newcastle to Swansea and Swansea to Nora Head - 8th to 9th of Aug 2015
- Watsons Bay to Frenchmans Bay - Scheduled 5th of Sept 2015
- Terrigal to Ettalong - Scheduled 18th of Oct 2015
- Bundeena to Coledale - Scheduled 31 Oct to 1 Nov 2015 - overnight
Trips to be confirmed:
- Kurnell to Cronulla - Possible date 5th of 6th of Dec 2015
- Nora Head to Terrigal - TBA 2016
- Pittwater (Palm Beach) to Long Reef - TBA 2016
- Coledale to Wollongong - TBA 2016
The NSWSKC was established in 1989 by a group of enthusiastic paddlers to further the sport of Sea Kayaking in NSW.
The most important aspects of the Club are the organised trips, training sessions (day trips and weekend sessions are held with qualified leaders and instructors), social activities and the club magazine, Salt which is published 4 times per year.
Membership of the club puts you in touch with many other paddlers state-wide.
Events and club trips are advertised on our calendar. These trips include training and trips. In order to take part in club activities, you must be a member of the NSWSKC.
The membership year is from January to the end of December.
Detailed membership costs are set out on the How to Join.
Should you require any additional information please contact a committee member.
The Club's aims and objectives are:
- to act through the club's magazine, website and social activities, as a contact point for members' paddling related activities.
- to promote, organize and conduct sea kayaking training programs and paddling opportunities for all skill levels.
- to foster safe ocean kayaking and inspire members to explore our ocean environment.
- to encourage respect for our environment and wild places and the practise of minimum impact camping.
- to represent sea kayakers generally in consultations with government departments at all levels.