- Represent the Club in relation to the media, government and other agencies.
- Call and conduct meetings of the Committee as required, no less than four annually.
- Convene an AGM annually
- Be available to members and others to answer or direct enquiries for information or assistance regarding the club
- Ensure that the Club conducts its business and activities with due regard to the objects of the club, the Club Constitution and other relevant regulations, procedures and guidelines and provide leadership and direction to the committee in this regard
- Assist committee members in relation to their areas of responsibility as needed
- Stand-in for the President when she/he is unavailable
- Prepare “Welcome to the Club” letters and distribute them (with log books) to new members
- Co-ordinate new members’ events (e.g. Welcome to the Club trips or social events such as “Newbies Night”).
- Hold a stock of log books; distribute them on request from members; arrange resupply when necessary.
- Update the member profiles to indicate grade 1 and 2 signoffs as advised by Club Leaders or by the member presenting a copy of the signed observation record of the log book.
- Maintain the Club website and mailing lists.
- Develop the Club’s online presence as a means of attracting members, providing a central point for communication between members and increasing the Club’s profile in the national and international kayaking community.
- Ensure that the Club’s online information is stored securely and that appropriate documentation and backups are in place.
- Assist with the online promotion and managing of club activities and events.
- Publish the club magazine and delivering it to all members up to 4 times per year.
- Each publication starts with collating articles from members and external kayaking- related parties (including advertisers), and reviewing/editing/correcting their work together with photos into a lively, colourful glossy magazine format.
- The final editing uses Adobe InDesign to a print-production standard, to facilitate efficient professional printing of the magazine and envelopes by a commercial printer.
- Upon receipt of the printed magazines, the Editor mail-merges member details on to the envelopes, inserts magazines and lodges with Post Office.
- Each publication requires about 40 hours work spread over a couple of months.
- Coordinate and manage the annual Rock n Roll weekend.
- Report on progress to the Committee
- Seek advice and approval from the Committee on key decisions in relation to Rock-n-Roll.
- Maintain proper records of all financial transactions and provide financial reports to the Committee as required and for the AGM.
- Oversee membership renewal and other electronic receipt processes
- Act as Secretary for the Club, dealing with correspondence and overseeing maintenance of insurances, memberships and subscriptions.
- Assess the Club’s training needs at all skill levels and determine strategic training priorities as advised by the Committee.
- Develop, coordinate and implement, with the assistance of the instructors, the related programs and pertinent learning resources.
- Ensure that relevant records such as certificates, assessment assignments, assessment summaries, are archived and available for review as required.
- Regularly report, or coordinate reports, in each issue of the Club magazine on skills (hard or soft) or other training related issues.
- Ensure that the Club complies with its undertakings to AC as an NTP
- Update membership profile records to indicate AC certifications.
- Report on Club training activity to the Committee as required and to the AGM.
- Maintain currency of the club's NTP status
- Ensure that club paddles are planned and conducted according to Club policies and AC guidelines.
- Review trips posted on the calendar to ensure that appropriate details have been provided and to amend the details or planned conduct of the trip if necessary.
- Assist with the posting of trips on the club calendar
- Ensure that an appropriate number and range of paddles are being listed and soliciting Leaders to assist if necessary.
- Report on Club paddling activity to the Committee as required and to the AGM.