The NSWSKC was established in 1989 by a group of enthusiastic paddlers to further the sport of Sea Kayaking in NSW.
The most important aspects of the Club are the organised trips, training sessions (day trips and weekend sessions are held with qualified leaders and instructors), social activities and the club magazine, Salt which is published 3 to 4 times per year.
Membership of the club puts you in touch with many other paddlers state-wide.
Events and club trips are advertised on our calendar. These trips include training and trips. In order to take part in club activities, you must be a member of the NSWSKC.
The membership year is from January to the end of December.
Detailed membership costs are set out on the Membership Information page.
Should you require any additional information please contact a committee member.
The Club's aims and objectives are:
- to act through the club's magazine, website and social activities, as a contact point for members' paddling related activities.
- to promote, organize and conduct sea kayaking training programs and paddling opportunities for all skill levels.
- to foster safe ocean kayaking and inspire members to explore our ocean environment.
- to encourage respect for our environment and wild places and the practise of minimum impact camping.
- to represent sea kayakers generally in consultations with government departments at all levels.