- Created on Sunday, 14 June 2015 21:54
- Written by Mark Schroeder
Maybe you have a skeg playboat and need something suited to fast touring and trips or expeditions? Paddle something boring and predictable and feel like a spin in something exciting and sporty once in a while? Maybe you have one of those ugly plumb bow boats and want a craft with traditionally elegant lines? Or want a high-performance boat but on a tight budget?
Here's the boat for you. It's rare to find a Raider X in kevlar, which makes it stiff, light and bombproof. A storied boat, This one had the decks reinforced (underneath with additional glass) to give it extra chops for a Bass Strait crossing. It ate that up and took a number of other extreme weather outings (a couple of which are rather infamous) in its stride. Similarly it's got a beefed up rudder. Sail fittings and pump with airswitch are also included.
It's a well used and tested boat, and despite having recently replaced deck bungees and safety line, she is past winning beauty competitions. The hull's gelcoat repairs are scarcely invisible. But then it's $4000 cheaper than a new boat.
If you don't know the X it's discussed thoroughly (19 pages!) on the Sea Kayak Forum. It's known for its km gobbling performance; Andrew McAulay paddled a Raider X for years including on the superdirect crossing of Bass Strait and in Antarctica.
So, as your main boat or a second (third?) boat this is a great option at just $1200.
- Created on Sunday, 14 June 2015 15:38
- Written by mirage 730
- MIRAGE 730
- Double seat sea kayak
- In great condition
- 7.3 m long
- Very stable and comfortable to paddle
- inc 2 x paddles
- inc 2 x spray decks
- inc sail fittings ( new sheet required)
- Located on Sunshine Coast, Queensland.....inspections welcome
- Pics on gumtree - enter ad number 1079845668
- more info 0403 987 208 or 04111 35753
- Created on Saturday, 06 June 2015 14:20
- Written by Barry
2 brand new Necky kayaks; Necky Elaho HV - 5.2 metres plastic. $1,600 Rrp $2,645 and a Necky Eskia - 4.9 metre plastic. $1,500 Rrp $2,299. The Elaho is quick, suits any size paddler but a more experienced paddler would be better suited - large holding capacity for trips away. The Eskia is beamier, more stable and very comfortable - ideal for a larger paddler - turns on a sixpence. Read reviews online. Phone Barry 99722931
- Created on Monday, 01 June 2015 17:23
- Written by Alan Thurman
- Created on Saturday, 09 May 2015 16:34
- Written by Gary Luke
Pyranha Fusion, medium, Connect 30 outfitting, colour dappled yellow and reddish. Very good condition - it's only had about four easy whitewater trips. $1,000 ono. Solution skirt and 2 piece Galasport Brut paddle (196-206cm) also available.
Pyranha Fusion specifications, etc
Gary, inner west Sydney, 0439-451-571, gary(at)feraltek.com.au
- Valley Aquanaut with sail $1,900
- Wave ski / goat boat. 100 ONO
- White water / surf kayak 300 ONO
- Thule Bars with twin kayak cradles
- P&H Quest - $2,500 ONO
- Surf Kayak - New Mega X-Ray - Make an Offer
- Dagger Trinidad double kayak
- TAHE REVAL MIDI PE
- Sea Kayaks x 2
- Epic 18x
- Northshore Alantic
- Pittarak Expedition Sea Kayak